Globe Telecom and Walt Disney Philippines made a collaboration and launched “Time Please”, a nationwide volunteering program where partners promote sharing acts of kindness among organizations and individuals as well.
The said program, headed by the leading telecommunications company in the country, encourages Filipinos to give their precious time for volunteer activities and take a meaningful part in volunteer programs. This is part of Globe’s commitment to nine (9) of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It aims to ignite the spirit of bayanihan in people and appeal to the Filipinos strong culture of volunteerism.
What is Time Please?
- Time Please is open to all Philippine residents, locals and foreigners, willing to do volunteer work.
- Any group composed of family members, friends, neighbors, workmates, among other social relations, can join with a minimum of two (2) up to a maximum of four (4) members.
- The group must have a Team Leader who must be at least eighteen (18) years old and an active Globe or TM customer without any outstanding account. Each group member must have a mobile phone and email address which will be registered at the Time Please portal.
- The Team Leader is the point person of the volunteer group and is responsible for creating an account, registering the group at www.timeplease.ph and obtaining the prior consent of the group members in (a) joining the team, (b) disclosing their mobile phone numbers, email addresses and any other information for the purpose of participating in Time Please, and (c) allowing the sharing of their mobile phone numbers and email addresses to the Time Please Partners.
- Joining Time Please is absolutely free of charge; however, all expenses incurred in the conduct of the volunteer activity such as logistics, transportation, meals, etc. shall be shouldered by the group.
- Minors who wish to join Time Please can do so together with family, friends or other social groups provided they obtain the prior consent of any parent or the guardian. The Team Leader represents and warrants that said consent has been obtained upon registering the minor as a group member. The Team Leader shall be responsible for the wellbeing of the minor(s) in the group activity and its events.
- An individual can join as many groups without restriction.
- Time Please is a nationwide volunteer program.
- Volunteer hour credits are the hours that the group collectively spent in the enrolled volunteer activity.
Volunteer hour credits are computed based on the number of hours spent together in a volunteering activity (Example: 3 volunteers volunteered four (4) hours together = twelve (12) volunteer hour credits).
- The minimum volunteer hour that can be credited is one (1) hour on any given day. The Time Please portal will not accept volunteer hours below one (1) hour.
- The maximum volunteer hours that can be credited is eight (8) hours on any given day.
- For Set Activities, these will be determined by the partner organization offering the activity.
- For DIY Activities, these will be determined by the group members; refer to the computation in Item 9 above.
- I want to give money or in-kind donations to an organization, individual, underprivileged family or community. Is this an acceptable volunteering activity? Yes. This can be done under the Create Your Own Volunteer Activity on the Time Please portal, provided that the donation must be accompanied with a volunteer activity. The group must identify its beneficiary of the cash or in-kind donation and record the said donation and volunteer activity within forty-eight (48) hours upon completion thereof. No volunteer hour credits shall be credited upon failure to upload the donation and volunteer activity within the said forty-eight (48) hour period. A webpage link to either a Facebook, Instagram or Twitter post will be required to promote volunteering and document the volunteer event.
- In case of an emergency, can I cancel our group participation in a volunteer event?
- For Set Activities, the Team Leader or any group member shall immediately inform the partner organization that organized the event which the group signed up for, that the group cannot attend and ensure that that the group’s registration for the volunteer event is timely canceled. The contact information of the partner organization is available at the Time Please portal.
- For DIY Activities, a volunteer event can be canceled anytime.
- If a group member decides to withdraw, can the group replace the withdrawing member and still enjoy the accumulated volunteer hour credits prior to the withdrawal?
- A group member may withdraw his membership at any time by informing Globe at email@example.com.
- No replacement of the member shall be allowed. The group can still continue with Time Please provided that there are at least two (2) remaining members. Moreover, the accumulated volunteer hour credits of the group shall remain unchanged.
- The prize is an all-expenses-paid trip to Hong Kong Disneyland for four (4) group members, inclusive of roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodation for three (3) days and two (2) nights, three (3) meals a day while in Hong Kong, tickets to Hong Kong Disneyland, and other exciting prizes.
- In case of a tie in the most number of volunteer hour credits, the winning group shall be determined by The Walt Disney Company Philippines.
- The winning group members hereby guarantee that they have valid passports to claim their prize.
- Rewards will also be given to qualifying group members and/or groups.
- All prizes and rewards are inclusive of tax and are not convertible to cash.
- The group with the most number of volunteer hour credits will win the prize. In case of a tie in the most number of volunteer hour credits, the winning group shall be determined by The Walt Disney Company Philippines.
- Only group members who are active Globe or TM mobile phone customers without any outstanding accounts will be entitled to the all-expenses-paid trip to Hong Kong Disneyland.
- The prize is only awarded to the group members. We strongly recommend that a group registers four (4) members who are active Globe or TM mobile phone customers without any outstanding accounts to maximize the prize.
- All volunteer activities should be recorded on the Time Please portal on or before 12:00 a.m. of 20 August 2018.
- Globe Telecom employees and relatives are eligible to join Time Please.
For more information, kindly email Globe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can visit www.timeplease.ph to know more about this program.
It’s not the prize that really matter. It is just a bonus to what matters most – giving your precious time to make small acts of kindness through volunteer programs with partner communities that will help and make other people happy.