A Christmas Journey at the Heart of Davao: Marco Polo Davao Christmas Tree Lighting 2018 As It Celebrates 20 Years!
Marco Polo Davao officially lit up for this year’s meaningful and special Christmas holiday season last November 16, 2018 as they celebrate their 20th anniversary since this first international chain of hotel opened in Davao City on December 17, 1998. The theme of the hotel decor is the emerald stone symbolizing the 20th year.
Marco Polo Davao is celebrating a milestone in their 20th year with the true heart of Davao, the people behind the facade as the hotel’s GM Dottie Wurgler-Cronin welcome home the members of the hotel’s pre opening team who will remain a family.
The hotel’s opening team former Financial Controller Armenio Lorenzo, former Purchasing Manager Genette Lon, former Executive Chef Ed Tuason, former Executive Secretary Jorie Pascual, Director of Sales Pam Villegas, Executive Housekeeper Sally Tungpalan and Assistant Director of Sales Loreta Jabilles lead the ceremonial lighting.
Also acknowledged are those who have been with them for the past 20 years: Acting Director of Rooms Glenda Magallanes, Director of Sales Ms. Pamela Villegas; Executive Housekeeper Sally Dumpalan; and Assistant Director of Sales Loreta Tan Aviles.
“This Christmas will be a very special Christmas indeed especially for us in Marco Polo Davao as we celebrate a milestone this December—our 20th anniversary which is exactly a month and a day from today. Central to our celebration this year are the true Heart of Davao—the people,” said Marco Polo Davao’s General Manager.
I will truly miss your presence at Marco Polo Davao Ma’am Dottie.
It has been an honor and pleasure to have met and known your motherly care for us
as you always take time to welcome and greet us warmly and sincerely no matter how busy you are
during events I have been blessed to witness and attend at your hotel at the heart of Davao.
Thank you Mama Dottie! See you soon!
Here is a video from Facebook of @DavaoLifedotcom of the welcome speech of Marco Polo Davao’s GM Ms. Dottie Wurgler-Cronin.
The Hotel building and Lobby was dressed up with the theme “A Christmas Journey” which was designed by Marco Polo Davao’s very own florist, Mr. Dionelo Balofinos. Ornaments in emerald and gold were decorated in the 12-feet sized Christmas tree and Hotel hallway.
The Melodies, Marco Polo Davao’s choir with its choir director Jeremy Sarmiento sang Christmas songs that warmed up and cheered the holiday spirit of the guests at the Christmas tree lighting ceremony held outside at the front of the hotel.
Invited guests enjoyed the cocktails with food and drinks served at Eagles Bar after the lighting ceremony.
Davao Digital Influencers (DDI) with Ms. Hermie of Malagos Garden Resort and Ms. Sarah of Marco Polo Davao
Beautiful ladies Cherry Al-ag, Pearl Maclang, and Nicole Bian enjoyed sharing this giant martini.
Jorie Pascual, Genette Lon, Sir Mike Dakudao and Rotary South Davao President Norma Monfort enjoying the night with drinks at Marco Polo Davao’s Eagles Bar.
Sharing below more photos from Marco Polo Davao:
Grateful as always to these three beautiful ladies of Marco Polo Davao for another wonderful year!
RBE Manager Rene Gargallo, Assistant Front Office Manager Ian Itao, Revenue Manager Elaine Isip, Director of Security Francis Suan, Chief Engineer Jeffrey Adlawan
Ms. Pearl Maclang, VM Bernie Al-ag, Cherry Al-ag, and Nicole Bian
Japanese Consul Yoshiaki Miwa, European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines Chairman Antonio Peralta
Before I end this post, JOIN MARCO POLO DAVAO’S SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST to win an overnight stay at a Premier Room!
Marco Polo Davao also launched its Christmas social media competition promotion where guests will upload a photo or video-clip on their Facebook or Instagram about the Christmas decors of the hotel. Posts must contain the official hashtag #MPDJourneyat20 #AChristmasJourney and must be set on public and tag Marco Polo Davao’s Official Fan Page. Participants may upload/post as many as he/she can and in the event that his/her posts qualify for winning entries, Marco Polo Davao will only award 1 entry/post. Winner will win an overnight stay with breakfast for 2 at our Premier Room. The winner will be selected based on the following criteria for judging: 20% Composition, 20% Overall Impact, 20% Story/Caption, 40% Post Likes and Engagement. Judging Period will be from November 16, 2018 – January 15, 2019. Announcement of winners will be on January 18, 2019.